Michael Ficker, Senior Project Manager, began working for Lerch Bates in 2022 and is currently working in the Lerch Bates’ Dallas office providing forensics and rehabilitation/design services. Previously, Mr. Ficker worked for Nelson Forensics as a Senior Project Director in Plano, Texas.
Areas of Expertise
- Pre-engineered and conventional steel analysis and design, material estimation, and costing of institutional, industrial, and commercial steel structures.
- Analysis and design of cold-form steel and aluminum structures and components.
- Evaluation and retrofit design of existing steel structures for current code compliance.
Mr. Ficker’s work includes design of new structural systems, and analysis and retrofit of existing structures. The following examples are representative of Mr. Ficker’s professional experience, but are not an exhaustive listing:
- Evaluation and retrofit design of existing steel structures for current code compliance;
- Building envelope assessments and water intrusion analyzes of commercial structures;
- Analysis and design of structural components: aluminum canopies and walkway covers, and cold-form storage mezzanines;
- Analysis and design of aluminum curtain wall systems for high-rise buildings;
- Analysis and design of aluminum storefronts;
- Structural design for a five-story office building with non-composite floors, and special concentrically braced steel frames;
- Structural steel design for a 100,000 square foot, three-story storage building with non-composite floors;
- Structural evaluation of an existing steel racking system for code compliance.